A Year of LimelightThe 2019 Edition
Label:Installations Academy Projection
Date:12 February 2020
What a year 2019 has been! We’ve had a really busy end of last year, and 2020 started with a bang, so here’s my belated reflection on the fantastic opportunities we had in 2019. Let me just say, I’m really honored for all the opportunities and I will forever cherish the memories we’ve made.
2019 was definitely the best year Limelight has had so far, which is saying something after a really strong 2018 - I still can’t believe we outdid ourselves again! Last year was full of new beginnings and new challenges: new team, new projects, and most importantly, new artworks and new audiences.
Some firsts we had in 2019:
- First ever artwork created for Vivid Sydney in Australia, which is the largest festival of lights and music in the Southern Hemisphere
- First ever large scale 3D projection mapping artwork in the United States
- First ever artwork created in China
- First ever large scale projection mapping in Saudi Arabia
- The birth of Rescape, the first ever Light Art Experience curated by us
- And our very own and first ever Christmas office party!
Other milestones included:
- Opening our San Francisco office
- Moving into a new large studio space
- Growing the team with a new Project Manager, a Back Office Manager and a new Motion Designer
- Successfully managing two other Masterclasses in the frames of our Limelight Academy program
- Collaborating with some of the previous Masterclass artists on real projects - this is what Limelight Academy is all about!
- Our new light art installation, Tardigrade (Water Bear) was born and has already been exhibited at three international festivals
- Talking Heads, our light art installation continued its tour around the world, and it was exhibited in Hong Kong and in Niagara Falls, Ontario
So yes, I think we can say we had a productive and very busy 2019. And I wouldn’t trade it for anything! Let’s hope this year is just as productive and successful as 2019 was. Here’s to new projects, new places and new partnerships!
Did you like the article? Share it with your friends: