A Light Art Installation
- Battersea Light Festival - London, UK, 2020
- Winter Festival of Lights - Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada, 2019
- ITU Telekom World Conference - Budapest, Hungary, 2019
- Pulse Light Festival - Hong Kong, 2019
- Toronto Light Festival – Toronto, Canada, 2018
- Norrköping Light Festival – Norrköping, Sweden, 2016-17
- Neversea Festival, Constanta, Romania, 2017
- Untold Festival, Cluj-Napoca, Romania, 2017
- Amsterdam Light Festival – Amsterdam, The Netherlands, 2015
As human beings, we are capable of numerous facial expressions through the use of several dozens of muscles. It enables us to show all kinds of emotions. When you look sad, I’m inclined to comfort you. When I laugh, I invite you to join me in laughing. Communicating without using words. These two spectacular heads also show countless emotions and react to each other. Unlike people, these Talking Heads don’t do it by means of muscles, but through light. Per head, some 4,000 individually controllable LEDs provide different facial expressions in various colors. As they are connected by Wi-Fi, they react to each other, but also to the interference of visitors. They conduct conversations by means of light.
Talking Heads is now part of the Light Art Collection of Amsterdam Light Festival.
Artist: Viktor Vicsek